Sunday, March 28, 2010

Health Care and Freedom

Like Chavez, Obama thinks that freedom stops at the ballot box. It doesn't. Freedom is the ability to do what you want to do without government interference. That kind of freedom should only be restricted by government if one person's freedom has a negative impact on someone else. Inevitably, there are hard choices, but generally, as long as no one else is adversely effected, then individuals should be free to do as they choose. Why not?

This brings me to health care. If I want to handle my health care by paying all of my expenses up to, say $ 5,000 per year, and have an insurance policy that would cover everything above that, then that should be my right. Obama says no. Such a policy is outlawed by recently enacted Obamacare. I don't have the right any longer to handle my health care the way that I want to and at an affordable cost. Instead, Obamacare defines what is a legal health insurance plan and what is illegal. My proposed plan is illegal under Obamacare. Why?

Shouldn't it be up to me how I choose to handle my own health care? Why is it any of Obama's business? Obama is wrong. Simple freedom doesn't end at the ballot box. Read Walden by Henry David Thoreau for a taste of freedom and its true meaning.

The entitlement world that now owns the United States' future is an assault on simple freedom. Citizens should have the right to provide for their old age and their health care without interference from government and without interference from Obama. The entitlements need to be scrapped and individuals should be left free to handle their own affairs without the interference of government.